Monday, July 8, 2013

what is the best body wash for acne prone skin - Alternative Ways to Control Acne and Breakouts

Most people equate blemishes and oily skin with adolescence, but I skipped over that whole period and started breaking out in my early twenties. I tried a couple of different products and found many to be too harsh for my skin, causing more pimples and irritation. Instead of finding a solution to my acne, I instead adapted a skill for covering up my skin, which of course only made things worse. With a new year just around the corner, I'm in the market for a skin care routine that can actually put an end to this nonsense. Below, I have a few cleansers and treatments worth looking into for sensitive, acne-prone skin.

Oil Cleansers

This sounds like a horrible idea, but I've been reading a lot of great reviews about it on the internet. Most people use oils like castor, jojoba, tea tree, lavender and oregano, sometimes combining a few of these into one mixture. Apparently the oils work well to kill acne-causing bacteria in the cleansing process without stripping the face of natural oils. This is a regimen best suited for people with sensitive skin as the oils have anti-inflammatory properties, soothing the skin instead of causing further irritation. Great recipes for mixing your own oils are readily available online through a simple Google search.

Witch Hazel and Aloe Vera

I use Purity Made Simple by Philosophy for my everyday cleanser. It's very gentle and doesn't irritate my skin like other face washes, but somehow my skin becomes aggravated by unknown elements as the day progresses. I've decided to try using Witch Hazel as an after-wash toner; it's soothing properties assists to calm the skin and eliminate redness. In addition to that, an Aloe Vera treatment can promote skin regeneration, reducing the appearance of acne scars.

Salicylic Acid Moisturizers

My search for a great moisturizer was exhausting, costly and unsuccessful until I found Kiehl's Blue Herbal Moisturizer with salicylic acid. Salicylic acid is considered to be one of the gentler chemicals used in treating acne, however it's still well capable of causing uncomfortable dryness. It paired with a moisturizer, however, counteracts the dryness, as well as, the greasiness that can occur with a moisturizer alone. This moisturizer goes on matte, absorbs quickly and hydrates the skin with assistance of herbal properties like cinnamon bark and ginger root.

Things to Avoid

Benzoyl peroxide is used in many commercial acne treatments, and while it may work for some, it can be very harsh on sensitive skin, as it promotes exfoliation. Any cleanser with exfoliates will damage the skin and cause irritation as well. Limit yourself to washing your face twice a day. Over-washing can lead to dryness; stripping your face of its natural oils will only lead to more oil production. If you feel your face is too oily throughout the day, try rinsing with water and dabbing dry with a paper towel. Another great way to reduce oiliness is to carry blotting tissues in your purse.

Click To Read More About what is the best body wash for acne prone skin

No comments:

Post a Comment